The ie-Women Project
The project “Innovation and
Employability for Women (e-Women) is financed by the Financial Mechanism (XM)
of the European Economic Area (EEA) Period 2009-2014, controlled by the General
Secretariat for Research and Technology (Project Code: EEA GR07 / 3889, SAE
"013/8") and implementation period from January 2016 to March 2017.
The project’s goal is to determine the status of technology in terms of participation and awareness among women, particularly young women in the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and the benefits arising from their use in the field of employment.
The project will focus on exploring how social networks and the Internet can fight the employment disparities and promote new opportunities for entrepreneurship and self-employment of women and especially, young women.
The project involves the detection and evaluation of the existing possibilities offered by the electronic networks, tools and markets, as well as professional, educational, social networking platforms and e-learning.
A parallel scientific research will document and analyze the current use of the Internet for employment purposes and the awareness of young women in Greece.
These objectives will be achieved through:
- Research on the impact of ICT, social networks and media to create new paths for employability.
- Social and cognitive research on the use of ICT in Greece for women and girls in terms of employability and entrepreneurship.
- Research into social aspects and aspects of gender equality, security of social networks for women, women's empowerment, e-mentoring techniques, etc.
- Research on possible ways for the adaptation of traditional economic practices with Internet capabilities and social networking.
- Analysis and study of different technological platforms (Internet, social networks, applications) and concepts that lead to new forms of knowledge and teleworking opportunities, adaptation of technology for self-employment, entrepreneurship and other innovative forms of gain feedback from ICT market.
- Information and education programs will be produced and pilot seminars will be organized on the latest trends for improving employability.
Finally, the project will be completed with a feasibility study that will lead to the formulation of standards for the creation of a research and innovation center for women.